This tuna casserole is an old family standby that is prepared in one oven proof dish. It is fast and easy comfort food that can be put together effortlessly, to be served on those evenings you are too tired to think creatively. Although it doesn’t look fancy, it tastes great and children love it.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup celery diced diced
- ½ cup water
- 1 can tuna drained (I prefer white tuna)
- 1 can mushroom soup undiluted
- 1 package or can chow mein noodles
- Pepper to taste
Pots and Utensils
- Medium size heat proof casserole dish
- Stirring spoon
- Can opener
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the onions and celery with the water in the casserole dish. Cover and heat on the stove top. Simmer for 5 min.
- Add soup, tuna and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add half of the chow mien noodles and stir well.
- Top with remaining noodles.
- Bake for 30 min. until bubbling and top is crispy brown.
- Serve hot with steamed frozen peas. Leftovers can be refrigerated and enjoyed for lunch the