This tuna casserole made with chow mein noodles is an old family standby that is prepared in one oven proof dish.
It is fast and easy comfort food that can be put together effortlessly, to be served on those evenings you are too tired to think creatively.
Although it doesn’t look fancy, it tastes great and children love it.
Tuna Casserole With Chow Mein Noodles
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
- medium size heat proof casserole dish
- stirring spoon
- Can opener
- measuring cups
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup celery diced diced
- ½ cup water
- 1 can tuna drained (I prefer white tuna)
- 1 can mushroom soup undiluted
- 1 package or can chow mein noodles
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the onions and celery with the water in the casserole dish. Cover and heat on the stove top. Simmer for 5 min.
- Add soup, tuna and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add half of the chow mien noodles and stir well.
- Top with remaining noodles.
- Bake for 30 min. until bubbling and top is crispy brown.
- Serve hot with steamed frozen peas. Leftovers can be refrigerated and enjoyed for lunch the
Have comments or questions on our tuna casserole with chow mein noodles? Tell us in the section below.
This post was originally published on September 28, 2016 but was updated with new content on July 13, 2022.