If you have ever eaten at a Japanese Steak house, you have probably had the Japanese Zucchini Stir Fry.
This is a slight variation on the traditional recipe.
Mushrooms add a little more flavor that blends well with the zucchini but is still fast and easy to make.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Here is your shopping list for the Japanese zucchini stir fry recipe:
- Fresh zucchini
- Fresh onions
- Fresh mushrooms – You can also used canned mushrooms in a pinch
- (optional) Soy sauce
Pots and Utensils
Here are the supplies you’re going to need to make this recipe
- 3 frying pans – one of these needs to be big enough to hold all of the vegetables together
How To Make Japanese Zucchini Stir Fry
Prepare the vegetables by chopping the zucchini, dicing the onions and slicing the mushrooms.
Melt butter in 3 frying pans over medium heat.
Saute each of the vegetables in their own frying pan until they are soft, about 5 minutes.
Combine all of the vegetables in the largest frying pan.
Add some soy sauce if you want a little extra flavor.
Stir the vegetables and cook for another couple of minutes.
Serve over rice as a side dish.
Or add some of our 15 minute oven-baked chicken breast to make it a main dish.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Lemon Garlic Grilled Asparagus
- Fast and Easy Shrimp and Snow Pea Stir Fry
- Basil Grilled Chicken Breast
Japanese Zucchini Stir Fry
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 cooking onion
- 1 8-ounce package of sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce optional
- Slice the zucchini into pieces that are about 1/4" thick and 1" long.
- Chop the onion.
- Put 1 Tbsp of butter into each of the frying pans.
- Saute the onions in one frying pan, the mushrooms in the second frying pan and the zucchini in the third frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the zucchini and onion are softened and the mushrooms are cooked through.
- Combine all of the vegetables into the larger frying pan.
- Add the soy sauce if you are using it.
- Mix the vegetables and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Serve hot with rice