This White Wine Lemon Herb Shrimp Rotini is similar to a Shrimp Scampi but with some extra herbs and tomatoes for extra flavor.
White Wine Lemon Herb Shrimp Rotini
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
- 1 16 ounce box of rotini
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 cooking onion chopped
- 4 tsp garlic minced
- 2 lbs shelled deveined shrimp
- 6 tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Cook the rotini in the large stockpot following the package instructions. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot after it has finished cooking.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in the saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute the onion and garlic in the butter until they are tender and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, lemon juice, basil, parsley, salt and black pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until it has turned pink.
- Stir the shrimp mixture into the rotini pasta in the stock pot.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Comments or questions on White Wine Lemon Herb Shrimp Rotini? Tell us in the section below.
This post was originally published on September 3, 2015 but was updated with new content on April 20, 2022.