This season, spice up your fall (or winter) festivities with a spiked caramel apple cider. Made with caramel vodka and spiced rum, this easy-to-make drink recipe can be served cold or warm and is the perfect cocktail for any occasion.
If you’ve been looking for the perfect fall drink recipe to wow your guests, look no further.
This delicious, caramel vodka apple cider is so easy to make and it tastes SO good! Almost like autumn in a glass.
Using store-bought apple cider is the fastest way to put this drink together. But if you want to go all out, try making it with this homemade apple cider recipe made with fresh apples.
Whether you are making individual apple cider cocktails or need a big batch to serve a crowd, this recipe is perfect.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
- for rimming (optional): 1 bottle caramel sauce, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- alcohol: 1.5 ounces caramel vodka, 1 ounce spiced rum
- mixer: 1/2 cup apple cider – you can use homemade cider or the store-bought kind
- garnishes: 1 apple slice, 1 cinnamon stick
How to make spiked caramel apple cider
Rim the glass
Rimming the glass is an optional step in this recipe. But it definitely adds to the look (and taste) of the final cocktail.
Pour some caramel sauce into a small bowl or plate that is just bigger than the circumference of the glass.
Dip the edge of the glass into the caramel sauce so that it is coated all the way around.
Sprinkle cinnamon around the edge of the glass.
Make the cocktail
Pour 1½ ounces caramel vodka and 1 ounce spiced rum into the glass.
Then top off with apple cider and stir.
This cocktail tastes equally as good with hot or cool apple cider.
An apple slice and a cinnamon stick are the easiest garnishes for any apple cider cocktail..
You could also add some whipped cream to the top if desired.
How to make a pitcher of spiked apple cider
If you’re making this spiked apple cider for a crowd, you’ll probably want to make a larger batch so you can mix it up ahead of time.
To do this, mix 1½ cups caramel vodka, 1 cup spiced rum and 6 cups of apple cider in a pitcher.
This will make about 8 cups.
Other fall cocktails you might like
- Fireball hard cider cocktail
- Apple cinnamon fireball jello shots
- Homemade hot apple cider
- Appletini recipe
Spiked Caramel Apple Cider
- (optional) small bowl or plate for rimming
- serving glass
- 1 bottle caramel sauce (optional) for rimming
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional) for rimming
- 1½ ounces caramel vodka
- 1 ounce spiced rum
- ¾ cup apple cider
- 1 apple slice (optional) for garnish
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional) for garnish
Rim the glass (optional)
- Pour some caramel sauce into a small bowl or plate.
- Dip the edge of the glass into the caramel sauce so that it is coated all the way around.
- Sprinkle cinnamon around the edge of the glass.
Make the cocktail
- Pour 1½ ounces caramel vodka and 1 ounce spiced rum into the glass.
- Then top off with apple cider and stir.
- Garnish with an apple slice and a cinnamon stick if desired.
- this cocktail can be served with warm or cold apple cider
Have comments or questions about our spiked caramel apple cider recipe? Tell us in the section below.
This post was originally published on October 12, 2021 but was updated with new content on August 16, 2022.