Strawberry Rhubarb Bran Muffins
This week’s recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Bran Muffins is a novel variation on a bran muffin.
I have been baking this version for eons and it never fails to get compliments.
These muffins are delicious for breakfast, brunch, with coffee, or afternoon tea.
The recipe appeared years ago in a complimentary magazine that was mailed to Canadians, called “Recipes Only”.
It is quick and easy to make, and if you freeze the muffins, you only need to pop one in the microwave for a few seconds to reheat at a later date.
Be prepared for your senses to be stimulated by the most mouth watering aroma. Brew a cuppa and enjoy warm.
Other recipes you might like
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Strawberry Rhubarb Bran Muffins
- measuring cups and spoons
- 2 bowls
- Electric mixer with a mixing bowl
- 1 12-cup muffin tin lined with paper muffin liners
- ¾ cup rhubarb chopped (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup strawberries sliced (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup strawberry or plain yogurt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup wheat bran such as Bob's Red Mill Wheat Bran
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix the rhubarb and white sugar in one of the bowls.
- Add in the strawberries. Set aside.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon together into the other bowl. Set aside.
- Place the oats and yogurt in the mixer bowl and stir to moisten.
- Add the oil, brown sugar, and the egg. Beat well.
- Add in the rhubarb/strawberry mixture, the flour mixture, and the bran. Stir to blend.
- Divide between 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Make sure the oven is preheated to the required temperature before baking.
- Mix the moist and dry ingredients just prior to filling the muffin tins and bake immediately.
- Do not over mix. The dry ingredients should be just moistened. Otherwise the muffins will be tough.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Have comments or questions about Strawberry Rhubarb Bran Muffins? Tell us in the section below.
This post was originally published on April 14, 2016 but was updated with new content on March 23, 2023.
Is the all bran required for this recipe the breakfast cereal (All-Bran where the cereal peices look like sticks)or something more “flour-like” (like Bob’s Red Mill Wheat or Oat Bran)?
Hello Jenn, The bran used in this recipe is natural raw wheat bran — Bob’s Red Mill Wheat bran is one brand.
I LOVE rhubarb & strawberries. To put these two together in this muffin recipe is amazing. You’re recipe was so easy to follow & I loved all the tips. They were so moist & so delicious….thank you, this is a keeper!
Its good to know you have success with these muffins, Sabrina. They are a favorite at our house.