This spaghetti meat sauce recipe makes a lot of sauce and only uses one pot! I usually freeze at least half of it in individual servings that can be re-heated later for really quick meals.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures
One Pot Spaghetti Meat Sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cooking onions diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 lb ground turkey chicken or beef
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley or 3 Tbsp dried parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano or 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary or 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 24 roma tomatoes chopped, or 4 small (14.5-ounce) cans of diced tomatoes
- 4 small 14.5-ounce cans of tomato sauce
- 1 16- ounce package of fresh sliced mushrooms or 3 4-ounce cans of canned mushrooms, drained
- 4 bay leaves
- Heat the olive oil in the stock pot over medium heat
- Add the diced onions and minced garlic.
- Cook until tender and translucent.
- Add ground meat.
- Cook until meat is browned.
- Stir the parsley, oregano, rosemary, basil, salt and pepper into the turkey and onion mixture.
- Mix in the tomatoes, tomato sauce and mushrooms.
- Add the bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, uncovered for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over spaghetti sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Comments or questions about One Pot Spaghetti Meat Sauce? Tell us in the section below.
This post was originally published on September 10, 2015 but was updated with new content on February 1, 2021.