This drink is not just cool, it’s refreshing! The whipped cream flavored vodka and orange soda mix perfectly with the sweetness of whipped topping to make an orange Creamsicle cocktail that’ll have you coming back for more.
Whether you’re looking for a fun summer cocktail, an orange-colored drink for your Halloween party, or you just happen to love the taste Creamsicles, this drink is for you!
It uses whipped cream mixed with whipped cream Vodka to give it the creaminess of the original frozen treat. (You can also use ice cream if you want a colder version).
And orange crush soda mixed with orange juice to give it an orange popsicle flavor that isn’t too sweet.
A little grenadine adds a bit of depth to the flavor.
Altogether, it makes the perfect whipped cream and orange cocktail that tastes like its a lot more complicated to make than it actually is.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
- cream – 1 can whipped topping . You’ll need about ¼ cup per drink.
- flavor enhancer – ½ oz grenadine. This gives the drink some extra depth of flavor.
- alcohol – 1½ oz whipped cream vodka (such as Pinnacle or Smirnoff)
- orange flavor – 3 oz pulp-free orange juice, 3 to 4 oz orange soda.
- For a creamier drink, use real whipping cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream instead of the whipped topping. (It will probably also have more calories.)
- Eliminate the grenadine if you don’t have it on hand.
- Substitute vanilla vodka for the whipped cream vodka if that’s what you have.
- Plain vodka can also work in a pinch, but the drink will have a little less of that creamy flavor to it. You might want to add ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract to make up for it.
- You can eliminate the orange juice or the orange soda. However, I think the cocktail tastes better with both. The orange juice keeps the drink from being too sugary sweet. And the fizz from the orange soda keeps it from being too flat.
How to make an orange creamsicle cocktail
The first step to making a creamsicle cocktail is to add enough whipped topping, whipping cream or ice cream to cover the bottom of the glass.
I like the taste of whipping cream or ice cream better, but the whipped topping usually has fewer calories. And you can get it in dairy-free versions, in case that’s an issue with any of your guests.
Adding the whipped topping in first will help it dissolve as you pour in the other ingredients.
Next, pour in 1½ ounces of whipped cream vodka, ½ ounce grenadine, and 3 ounces of orange juice. Pulp-free orange juice works best for this.
Finally, top the glass off with orange soda and stir gently to finish incorporating the whipped cream.
You don’t want to mix it too much or the orange soda will lose its fizz.
How to make a big batch
If you’re going to be making these for a crowd, you might want to mix a big batch.
However, this isn’t the type of drink you can just mix all together in a pitcher and serve. Both the whipped topping and the orange soda need to be added to the glass as you’re serving to avoid losing their creaminess and fizz.
To do this for 16 servings, you’ll need:
- 1 can whipped topping
- 1 cup (8 ounces) grenadine
- 3 cups (750 mL bottle) whipped cream vodka
- 6 cups pulp-free orange juice (a little less than a 52-oz bottle)
- 2 L bottle orange soda
In a large pitcher, mix 1 cup grenadine, 3 cups whipped cream vodka and 6 cups orange juice. This can be made a few hours ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
At serving time:
- Cover the bottom of each glass with whipped topping (or ice cream if you prefer).
- Pour 5 ounces (or about 2/3 cup) of the orange juice mixture from the pitcher into each glass.
- Top up with orange soda.
- Stir gently to mix and serve.
Other cocktail recipes you might like
Orange Creamsicle Cocktail With Whipped Cream Vodka
- 1 rocks glass or highball glass
- 1 jigger or measuring cup
- 1 spoon
- 1 can whipped topping
- ½ oz grenadine
- 1.5 oz whipped cream vodka
- 3 oz orange juice
- 3 or 4 oz orange soda
- Add enough whipped cream to cover the bottom of the glass.
- Pour 1½ ounces whipped cream vodka, ½ ounce grenadine and 3 ounces orange juice over top.
- Top off with orange soda.
- Stir gently to finish incorporating the whipped cream.
- You can substitute whipping cream or ice cream for the whipped topping if you prefer.
- Adding the whipped cream to the glass first helps it dissolve as you pour the other ingredients over top