This easy Purple Hooter jello shots recipe is the perfect addition to your next festive party when you need to celebrate with something mouthwatering, purple, and fun. These simple-to-make jello shots are made with vodka, raspberry liqueur, fruity grape Jello and tart lime juice for a balanced fruity flavor that is both bold and delicious.
This Purple Hooter jello shots recipe is the jello version of the cocktail with the same name.
Perfect for entertaining guests at Halloween or football parties (especially if you cheer on your favorite team in purple, GO TEAM), this grape jello shots recipe is a definite crowd pleaser that both you and your crowd will fall in love with.
Jello shots are my favorite types of cocktails to serve up at any gathering because they’re so easy to make for a group of people.
No matter what the occasion is, I love to add festive accents like my sour apple blue Jello shots or gold champagne jello shots to any party. Both of these easy jello shot recipes are great for events during any time of the year when you’re needing a little extra extravagence to your party or occasion.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Here’s your shopping list:
- Grape Jello – One small (3-ounce) package
- Raspberry Liqueur – You will need ¼ cup. I like to use Chambord for its sweet and fruity taste.
- Lime – You’ll need one lime. If you don’t have limes, then you can use 1 Tablespoon of bottled lime juice from the grocery store.
- Vodka – 2/3 cup. I like Ketel One. However, feel free to use whatever your favorite is.
How to Make Grape Jello Shots
These are the simple steps (and some of our tips) on how to make these tasty vodka Jello shots.
First, spread out about 16 2-ounce jello shot cups on a cookie sheet.
I find the 2-ounce shot cups are the perfect size for serving at a party.
The cookie sheet isn’t absolutely necessary but it catches any spills and makes it much easier to transport the jello shots to the refrigerator.
Juice the lime.
Then, you will need to put some water on to boil.
Meanwhile, pour the jello crystals into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
When the water is boiling, mix 1 cup of it into the jello. Stir until the crystals have dissolved.
After that, add 1/3 cup vodka, 1/4 cup raspberry liqueur, and 1 Tablespoon lime juice to the Jello mixture. Stir again.
If you don’t want any pulp in the Jello shots, strain the lime juice before pouring it in.
I like to mix all of the cold liquids in a measuring cup to make sure the total amount doesn’t come out to more than 1 cup. Otherwise, the Jello shots won’t set.
Pour and chill
Next, pour the mixture into the arranged Jello shot cups.
To prevent condensation, wait until the liquid has cooled before putting the lids on the shot cups.
Finally, transfer the cookie sheet with the grape Jello shots to the refrigerator and chill for at least four hours (and up to 3 days) prior to serving.
For a fancier version of the same flavor, try our green and purple layered jello shot recipe.
Generally speaking, vodka is usually the norm for jello shots. Feel free to mix the vodka with any type of liqueur like I did.
If you add too much liquor to jello shots, then they sometimes will not set. The jello shots will also taste quite potent if too much alcohol is added.
You can enjoy jello shots for about three days after you have made them. Just make sure to keep the purple shots in the refrigerator!
We do not recommend freezing jello shots as the freezer temperature will affect the texture of the gelatin.
Looking for more jello shot recipes to entertain with?
- Very Berry Strawberry Daiquiri Jello Shots
- Mardi Gras Jello Shots
- Margarita Jello Shots Recipe
- Gold Champagne Jello Shots
- Piña Colada Jello Shots
Like this recipe? Be sure to share it on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Leave a star rating on the recipe card below if you’ve tried this recipe!
Easy Purple Hooter Jello Shots
- kettle or pot
- cookie sheet
- 16 2-ounce jello shot cups with lids
- mixing bowl
- measuring cup
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 3-ounce (small package) grape jello
- ¼ cup Raspberry Liqueur (such as Chambord)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ⅔ cup Vodka
- First, spread the jello shot cups out on a cookie sheet.
- Then, in a mixing bowl, combine the grape jello with 1 cup of boiling water and stir until the crystals have dissolved.
- Add ¼ cup raspberry liqueur, 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice, and ⅔ cup of vodka and stir again.
- Next, pour the mixture into the jello cups.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Strain the lime juice if you don’t want any pulp in the jello shots.
- These jello shots can be made up to 3 days ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
- To prevent condensation, wait until the jello has cooled to put the lids on the jello shot cups