I am always on the lookout for sugar free treats so these sugar free granola bars caught my eye.
They also have the added benefit of being gluten free.
The bars are tasty and quick and easy to assemble.
It is surprising how fast they disappear around my house.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to these sugar-free, gluten-free granola bars:
- ground flax seed – if you can’t find this at your local grocery store, ground flax seed is usually available at health food stores
- pumpkin puree – if you buy a large can, there will be more than you need for the recipe. I divide the rest into 1 cup portions and store in the freezer for the next time I need it.
- rolled oats
- nuts – I like walnuts but you can use whatever nuts you like
- dried fruits – raisins, cranberries, dried apricots or whatever other kind of dried fruit you would like to add
- salt – only required if you are using unsalted nuts
Utensils and Supplies
- 8 or 9 inch square cake pan
- parchment paper
- mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
How To Make Sugar-Free Gluten-Free Granola Bars
Line your cake pan with parchment paper.
While not absolutely necessary, this helps to prevent the granola bars from burning around the edges. And makes them easier to take out of the pan when they are done.
In a mixing bowl, combine some water with the flax seed and salt (if you are using it).
Mix in the pumpkin puree.
Add in the rest of the ingredients.
Pour the mixture into your cake pan and press it down with a spoon so it creates a flat level surface.
Cut the granola into squares.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown.
Granola bars can be stored in an air tight container for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Sugar Free Granola Bars
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 4 Tbsp warm water
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup nuts coarsely chopped
- 1 cup dried fruit e.g. raisins, cranberries, chopped apricots, etc.
- ¼ tsp. Salt if using unsalted nuts
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Put the flaxseed and salt, if using, into the bowl and mix with the warm water.
- Add the pumpkin and stir to combine.
- Add the oats, fruit and nuts and mix together.
- Press the granola bar ingredients into the pan
- Pour the mixture into prepared pan and press well with a wooden spoon.
- Score the mixture into squares with a sharp knife.
- Bake for 20 - 25 min, until the edges are slightly brown.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Comments or questions on Sugar Free Granola Bars? Tell us in the section below.
This post was originally published on March 31, 2016 but was updated with new content on February 20, 2023.