This mandarin orange romaine salad recipe comes from my sister, Elaine, and is my type of salad…it is easy and delicious, and makes a refreshing change from Caesar salad.
Mandarin Orange Romaine Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
This mandarin orange romaine salad recipe comes from my sister, Elaine, and is my type of salad...it is easy and delicious, and makes a refreshing change from Caesar salad.
- Sliced almonds
- White sugar optional
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 2-3 green onions sliced or 1 shallot diced
- 1 tin Mandarin oranges drained
- ½ cup pure sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- Roast the almonds in a small frying pan over medium heat.
- Stir often until the nuts begin to brown, about 2 - 3 minutes. Watch them closely because they will char easily.
- Sprinkle with sugar if you wish.
- Cut the romaine lettuce into bite sized pieces and add to the salad bowl.
- Add the celery, onions, oranges and almonds.
- To make the salad dressing, combine all of the salad dressing ingredients in the jar. Shake well. The dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for future use.
- Serve the salad with the dressing.
Pots and Utensils: Small frying pan Salad bowl Jar with a lid
Serving: 1 gCalories: 523 kcalCarbohydrates: 23.8 gProtein: 10.2 gFat: 46.1 gCholesterol: 0.2 mgSodium: 654.4 mgSugar: 11.9 g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!