For an indulgent treat that you can whip up quickly, this easy no bake strawberry swirl fudge is the perfect solution. Made with frosting and candy melts, it’s a super simple recipe that only requires 3 ingredients and results in a smooth and creamy fudge everyone loves.
I love fudge.
But I hate making it the traditional way. It never sets properly for me.
So this super simple recipe that only requires 3 ingredients (and no candy thermometer!) is perfect.
It results in smooth, creamy fudge that turns out every time. And tastes delicious.
Plus the pink and red swirl color combination looks good on a dessert table, no matter what the celebration – Valentine’s day, Easter or any other special event.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures
This recipe makes about 16 2″ x 2″ pieces of fudge.
- buttercream frosting – 1 16-ounce container or 2 cups of your favorite homemade recipe.
- candy melts – ¾ cup red candy melts, ¾ cup pink candy melts – If you can find strawberry-flavored melts, that’s even better.
- flavoring – 1 teaspoon strawberry extract*
- decorations – (optional) Valentine’s mix non-pareils sprinkles
- You can use all red or all pink candy melts if you don’t care about the swirl look. In that case, use 1½ cups of melts in the color you prefer.
How to make strawberry Swirl fudge
Line an 8″ x 8″ square baking pan with parchment paper, making sure to leave some overhang. This will make the fudge easy to remove from the pan.
Microwave the candy melts
Place the red candy chocolate melts in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on medium power in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Stir the melts. Then cook in the microwave for another 30 seconds.
Repeat the microwave-and-stir process until the chocolate has melted.
Don’t be tempted to hurry the process and microwave them longer at a higher power. The chocolate at the bottom melts before the top looks like it has changed so it is very easy to burn.
In another microwave-proof bowl, follow the same process to melt the the pink candy melts.
Prepare the frosting
Remove the lid and film from the frosting.
Cook in the microwave on high power for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until fully melted and smooth.
Add the strawberry extract to the frosting and stir well.
Make the red and pink fudge
Add half of the frosting to the red candy melts. Stir until fully mixed.
Mix the other half with the pink candy melts.
Pour some of the red frosting into part of the pan, but don’t fill the whole pan.
Then add pink frosting to fill in some of the empty spots.
Continue alternate pouring in the two colors in random spots, pausing to tap the pan in between so it evens out and removes bubbles.
Once all your chocolate mixtures have been poured in and evened out, sprinkle the top of the fudge with as many Valentine’s themed non-pareils as you like.
Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 2 hours or until hardened.
Then cut the fudge into 16 pieces (4 rows in each direction). And serve!
The strawberry fudge can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Other candy recipes you might like
Easy Strawberry Fudge
- 3 microwave-proof bowls
- 8″x8″ square baking pan
- parchment paper
- ¾ cup red candy melts
- ¾ cup pink candy melts
- 1 16-ounce container buttercream frosting
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- Red, pink and white non-pareils sprinkles
- Melt the red candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl on medium power in the microwave. Cook for 30 seconds, then stir, and repeat until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Repeat the process with the pink candy melts in another bowl.
- Remove the lid and film from the frosting and place it in a third microwave-proof bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until fully melted and smooth.
- Add the strawberry extract to the frosting and stir well.
- Mix half of the frosting with the red candy melts and stir vigorously until fully mixed.
- Then add the other half of the frosting to the bowl with the pink candy melts and mix well.
- Line your pan with parchment paper, making sure to leave some overhang.
- Alternate pouring in the two colors in random spots, pausing to tap the pan in between so it evens out and removes bubbles.
- Once all your chocolate mixtures have been poured in and evened out, sprinkle the top of the fudge with as many Valentine’s themed non-pareils as you like.
- Place in the fridge to chill for 2 hours or until hardened.
Nutrition values are estimates only, using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
This post was originally published on January 9, 2023 but was updated with new content on January 5, 2024.